You will need:
For the cupcakes:
- 2 medium carrots chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats (or coconut flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (or pecan nuts)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla powder (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins
For the icing:
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup
- Make the icing by blending the icing ingredients in a high-speed blender. Set aside.
- Place the cupcake ingredients, except raising, and pulse until it becomes a coarse sticky mix, making sure you do not overprocess the mix.
- Place the cupcake mix into a bowl, add raisins and stir until mixed well.
- Press the raw carrot cupcake mix into 6 cupcake trays.
- Spread the icing over the cupcakes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving them.