Raw Carrot Cupcakes with Cashew Lemon Icing (makes 6)
You will need:
For the cupcakes:
- 2 medium carrots chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats (or coconut flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (or pecan nuts)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla powder (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins
For the icing:
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup
- Make the icing by blending the icing ingredients in a high-speed blender. Set aside.
- Place the cupcake ingredients, except raising, and pulse until it becomes a coarse sticky mix, making sure you do not overprocess the mix.
- Place the cupcake mix into a bowl, add raisins and stir until mixed well.
- Press the raw carrot cupcake mix into 6 cupcake trays.
- Spread the icing over the cupcakes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving them.
My Signature “Date with Choco” Bon-Bons
(makes 20 small bon-bons)
You will need:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder (can be substituted by carob)
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (in its liquid form – you might need to heat it up slightly)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 – 1½ cm piece vanilla bean
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- Process the almonds, walnuts and cacao powder in a food processor until well ground.
- Add the dates, coconut oil, water, vanilla and a pinch of salt to the nut and cacao mixture and process further until well and smoothly mixed.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into small balls. 1 teaspoon of the mixture makes 1 beautiful bon-bon.
- Roll the formed bon-bons in the coconut.
- Refrigerate before serving. Those bonbons can also be frozen.
Enjoy this super healthy simple treat with GLOWing benefits!
Guilt-free and delicious!
CHIA & GOJI PUDDING (1 large serve)
You will need:
- 2 TABLESPOONS BLACK CHIA SEEDS
- ¼ CUP DRIED GOJI BERRIES
- 1-2 DATES (*use 2 dates, if you prefer some extra sweetness and fibre from the dates)
- ½ CM PIECE VANILLA BEAN
- 1 ½ CUP OF ALMOND, ORGANIC SOY or COCONUT MILK (*add extra ¼ cup of coconut water or filtered water if using coconut milk to thin the texture)
- Place the chia seeds and goji berries in a bowl.
- Place the dates, vanilla bean and milk of your choice in a high-speed blender and blend for around 30-50 seconds gradually moving to the higher speed until smooth.
- Pour the milk mixture over the chia and goji berries and stir with the spoon to prevent the chia seeds sticking together.
- Refrigerate over night OR cover the bowl and leave outside the fridge at room temperature for at least 30 minutes for the goji and chia to soak up the delicious liquid you have made.
Note: if you wish to make your own Almond Nut Milk, please check out this yummy recipe from Raw Blend Australia.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: