Raw Carrot Cupcakes with Cashew Lemon Icing (makes 6)
You will need:
For the cupcakes:
- 2 medium carrots chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats (or coconut flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (or pecan nuts)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla powder (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins
For the icing:
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup
- Make the icing by blending the icing ingredients in a high-speed blender. Set aside.
- Place the cupcake ingredients, except raising, and pulse until it becomes a coarse sticky mix, making sure you do not overprocess the mix.
- Place the cupcake mix into a bowl, add raisins and stir until mixed well.
- Press the raw carrot cupcake mix into 6 cupcake trays.
- Spread the icing over the cupcakes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving them.
My Signature “Date with Choco” Bon-Bons
(makes 20 small bon-bons)
You will need:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder (can be substituted by carob)
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (in its liquid form – you might need to heat it up slightly)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 – 1½ cm piece vanilla bean
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- Process the almonds, walnuts and cacao powder in a food processor until well ground.
- Add the dates, coconut oil, water, vanilla and a pinch of salt to the nut and cacao mixture and process further until well and smoothly mixed.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into small balls. 1 teaspoon of the mixture makes 1 beautiful bon-bon.
- Roll the formed bon-bons in the coconut.
- Refrigerate before serving. Those bonbons can also be frozen.
Enjoy this super healthy simple treat with GLOWing benefits!
Guilt-free and delicious!