Mascha’s Nut, Lime & Dill “Cream Cheese”
- 1/2 organic raw walnuts
- 1 cup organic raw cashews
- 120 ml filtered water
- 2.5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1.5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed virgin olive oil (optional)
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1-1.5 tablespoons dried dill
- Place all the ingredients apart from the dill in the blender and blend well until creamy cheesy mixture forms.
- Add the dill and stir with a spoon.
- Use it as a dip or creamy pasta sauce. Or serve on a wholegrain or gluten-free toast.
Easy-PEAsy Carrot, Zucchini & Tofu Scramble (serves 4)
For the Scramble:
- 4 carrots
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 350-380 grams firm tofu (1 block)
- 2-3 large mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dry dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- 1 small chilli
- 3 tablespoons tamari (or any other good quality soy sauce of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (olive and canola also work)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
For the pea mash:
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- ½ small lime (juiced)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- salt (to taste) – I do not add any salt to the mash, as I serve it on top of the scramble which has enough saltiness from the soy based tamari sauce.
- Grate the carrots and zucchinis into a large mixing bowl.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Use your hands to crumble the tofu into the consistency of ‘scrambled eggs’ into the bowl.
- Mix the carrots, zucchinis, tofu, dill, chopped coriander, chilli (if using) and tamari sauce in the bowl and set aside for about 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the sliced onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute or so.
- Add the vegetable and tofu mixture to the pan, cover and cook for further 6-7 minutes over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- To make pea mash, add the frozen peas into a saucepan with boiling water, cover and boil for 4 minutes over the medium heat.
- Drain the peas and transfer them into a food processor.
- Add the mint leaves, lime juice and coconut oil and process until the mixture forms soft mash. Yum!
- Serve the pea mash over the vegetable and tofu scramble!
- Season with cracked pepper.
Easy-PEAsy, highly nutritious, fast and delicious!