MASCHA’S 2017 FAVOURITE GREEN SMOOTHIE BOWL
Ingredients for the Smoothie
- 200ml of coconut water
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 small handful parsley and coriander leaves
- 1 apple
- 1 tbs Brain Octane (if using)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp supergreens (optional)
- Place all the ingredients into your Vitamix in the listed order.
- Slowly increase the speed to maximum.
- Blend for 40 seconds until the smoothie reaches smooth creamy consistency.
- Pour the blended smoothie into a bowl and top it up with blueberries or banana, and your favourite nuts and seeds.
- 2 medium-sized apples
- 3/4 – 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 small or 1/2 large banana
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Cut the apples in quarters and juice them in your juicer.
- Place the blackberries and banana into the blender, pour the apple juice and coconut milk over them and blend for 30-35 seconds until smooth.
- Note: if using fresh blueberries, add a few ice blocks when blending.
- 2 round slices of small pineapple (around 2cm wide)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of almond or 1/2 coconut milk (add 1/2 cup of filtered water, if using coconut milk to thin its texture)
- 2 generous handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 date (if you use unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk and desire some extra sweetness)
Blend all ingredients in your blender until you reach smooth texture.
* If you wish to try home-made almond milk, please click here to see how to make my super favourite and tastiest almond milk – courtesy of Maz from Sadhana Kitchen in Newtown! 🙂
Here is another great almond-milk-making demonstration!
“After Yoga” Smoothie (2 serves)
- 1 banana
- 4 kale leaves (stems removed)
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 cups orange juice
Place all ingredients in the blender and process until smooth.
“Green” Smoothie in Disguise
- 1 orange (peeled and seeds removed)
- 1/2 frozen berries (think blackberries, strawberries and blueberries)
- 1 banana
- 2 kale leaves or 3 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder (optional)
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 date (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the blender and process until smooth.